Monday, November 19, 2018

What"s there to Say??

It's been a while since I posted , and somehow I felt I should have been writing about my political feelings of our country, but what remains to be said?This political mess we are living in has become so bitter and full of hatred that I really don't have anything to add. I guess I must give my State Of Union in lieu of any other subject that means nothing to me or anyone else.I've never been this old before and every day brings a new ache or pain.I still get a haircut every four months or so and pay for it with a bottle of Gray Goose vodka, because my hair babe will work me in for the booze. She's in no danger of addiction because  3 bottles a year doesn't make much of a buzz.I'm 6 months behind on my Blood Work , but I feel at my age I'm not producing as much red blood cells as a young man, and I want to keep all I've got. I was in Manchester today and went to the Mennonite bakery and bought a dozen bear claws from a young maiden with a unibrow that had somewhat of an attitude , but who cares? I'd have an attitude if I were a Mennonite, wouldn't you?The Bearclaws were delicious and that's another reason not to have bloodwork at the moment. Megyn Kelly went down in flames, and I thought that even I would have better control of myself for $23 mill a year. It took me 30 seconds to find that frigging dollar symbol.Poor Megyn . Where is she going to go?We went to Europe in February and I left my heart in Rome. I really felt I was going to want to stay in Barcelona, but it turned out to be my least favorite. I was intrigued by the Barcelona Worlds Fair and Mies van der Rohe"s Barcelona chair ,as well as the crazy architecture of Antoni Gaudi, but somehow I was disappointed by the city. We flew into Amsterdam ,and then into Barcelona, and didn't see anything in Amsterdam interesting other than cleaning ladies mopping around your feet while you were at the urinal, something that I 'm used to at home. Lots of pickpockets in Barcelona. Actually there are recognized gangs of pickpockets with young children all over Barcelona's tourist haunts.I really liked Marseille, France and we saw the harbor and drank really sweet Coca Colas in bottles in a little cafĂ© on the square. I bought Sandy some kind of brownie with real , hot melted chocolate over it. It is impossible to beat French pastries.Merci Beaucoup.We went to Monte Carlo  and I felt like James Bond. Most beautiful harbor and country in the world.We then went to Saint Tropez and saw Barbie talking to a priest outside of church on a Sunday Morning. I guess Ken was on some yacht in the harbor sleeping off a night of drunken debauchery.Went to Pisa and the Tower, with more pickpockets.Then we went to Rome and the Seven hills. I want to go back to Rome ASAP. It is that beautiful with all the millions of modern Romans riding their little Vespa scooters and tiny cars to work. My impression was that this vibrant population cares nothing about history and the Roman Empire, but has the same interests as middle income people the world over. Now I'm not much of a foodie but eating in a little restaurant in Rome is an experience . Romans know how to eat!We are going to London and Paris for a short week before Christmas, and I'm already dreading English food. If you ever eat an English breakfast you will realize why The Queen, Prince Phillip, and Charles look so angry.Pork and beans at every breakfast makes anyone anxious the rest of the day!We are taking the Eurostar to Paris for one day. Hop on that baby and 2 hours and 15 minutes later you are in Paris. Time flies at 185 miles an hour. We are taking a lunch tour on the Seine and all I'm eating is Dessert. The last time we were in Paris we attended the Moulin Rouge , which means"the red mill".It should mean 35 nearly naked ,nubile maidens on stage. At one point a Plexiglas pool of water rises on the stage with many 10 foot long anacondas swimming and trying to escape into the audience. At that moment a pretty ,almost naked maiden runs out and jumps in the pool with the serpents. Where I come from nobody jumps in water with snakes, naked or clothed.I digress, as is common lately, and wish to convey my gratitude that the mid term elections are over. I have forgotten my conversational French but I need to be able to order a baloney sandwich on white bread with a little Grey Poupon por favor.Imagine looking at old Gustave Eif
fel's trinket eating a baloney sandwich  chased with a coconut macaroon. Life is good. As my buddy Donnie Sears says,'It's all Good."

No comments: