Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Wired to the Max

It has become apparent that Sandy Kay and I have had a role reversal in the use of technology. Now that she has become the CFO of our company with all the privileges that come with the position ,she has wired herself into the world of instant communication and knowledge. Now this is not entirely a surprise as she knows a lot about computers and their uses, but she has been slow to embrace the concepts on a daily practical level, that is until her entry into the Iphone world. Now she goes frequently onto Itunes and buys apps of all forms. I vividly remember driving to jobsites last year and hearing sounds coming from her phone like anguished souls from the pits of hell. What is that, Sandy? Angry Birds.Hell it sounded more like angry hogs rooting in the front of the car. Then there was the infamous weather app. She casually mentioned that she had downloaded a weather alert app. She didn't tell me that the thing would go off with a tremendous gong at three o'clock in the morning. The first time it was a heavy fog warning!At three in the morning. I was sitting up in the bed with a 38 special at high alert.For a fog warning no less. Now she has streaming and wifi in the house and watches movies in bed on her little phone. I wasted a lot of money on a 32 inch tv that she doesn't watch. We'll be on the road and I ask about the weather and she pulls up the radar and then tells me the forecast for the next week,for Daytona as well. I don't know why Daytona, but I don't know a lot of things. We are officially signed up to Icloud, but it took 12 hours to transfer my music to the cloud. Now Sandy has 24 hour access to Rod Stewart singing the classics from her own little Cloud. If she is not on the Iphone then she is reading her books via Kindle, and occasionally the old fashioned book. We have a promise from Amazon that her new Kindle Fire is shipping out the thirteenth of this month. We tried to buy one this week in several WalMarts, but they were all sold out. I promised her we would find one in the Corbin WalMart since people in Corbin can't or refuse to read, but even they were sold out. We are eagerly awaiting the arrival of this latest addition to our stable of technology. You can download apps on it, and it is in color. She has been reading about this strange girl with a tattoo, and then she and the old girls went to see it at the movies. It actually sounded like a movie I would have liked with nudity and violence, but Clint Eastwood wasn't in it so I didn't go. Actually I wasn't invited. I think the only people going to the show are chicks and husbands trying to make up for really bad behavior.I'm listening to AC/DC at the moment very loudly, and I feel my hearing slipping away. We went out with a friend and his family the other night and I kept calling the 7 year old"Jake" ,and Sandy told me that his name is "Jace" after we all said goodbye. Jace and Jake are very close together in my aging ears. It could have been worse as I could have called him John or Jim. B counds like D, but Jimmy Page still screams like I remember. I think I will sneak Kashmir on Sandy's Iphone and tell her it's a new song by Rod Stewart, or maybe his cousin. Maybe not as I'm not exactly in her best graces at this moment, but there's always Fergie. Or Beyonce. Or Led Zeppelin. Can you believe that silly assed Kardashian bunch are still on tv??

No comments: